Friday, March 23, 2007

Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 for use with Contribute 4

Few days back, I integrated Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 for use with Contribute 4.
Whenever I check-in or check-out a website file using Dreamweaver, I get the popup message: "The file required for Contribute compatibility does not exist on the server. Would you like to turn off Contribute compatibility?" I always say No and the upload/download works ok, but then I got irritated and tried to find its solution in search engines. It was surprising to know that this problem was faced by just one more person(http://www.capitalfederal.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=28522&sid=1cde2ce3cd7aea13ee57a53ef59f56db) and no one had responded to his question. This led me to find its solution and help if anyone anywhere faces this problem. To get rid of this repetitive and irritative behaviour of Dreamweaver 8, you have to have the website set up with contribute 4 and have you declared the administrator of the website in contribute 4. Once you do that, you will see that contribute does upload few files to the website and these are the files Dreamweaver has been looking for each time a file is uploaded to the server. After setting up the website in contribute, I did see Dreamweaver downloading the page uploaded by contribute and then I was never prompted by the irritating pop-up.

No comments: