Monday, February 22, 2010

Do you find contents of help file .chm not displaying?

Inspired and coaxed by my brother, I have been moving to the world of OPEN SOURCE and first application to be replaced, I decided, was my mail server. Opted to move to hmailserver instead of paying hefty money to upgrade erstwhile mail server. Installation was not tough at all once I got hold of its help file which needs to be downloaded separately. But downloaded help file was in the format of .chm and did not show up its contents on my windows XP machine till I figured out the reason to be inherent security measures deployed by Microsoft.

Downloaded help file in the format of .chm for want of security gets disabled by Microsoft in showing up its contents. To see the contents, you need to right click the downloaded file and unblock (UNBLOCK) to see the contents therein.

Hope it does save your hours which i spent before I figured out the solution.

No comments: